Sub-industry : Processed Food
Product : Wheat Flour
Project category : Sales Transformation
Ganga Roller Flour Mills is one of the leading manufacturers of Flour and flour products in Delhi- specializing in Maida, Atta, Rawa, Suzi, Chakki Atta are other specialty products of the company.
Flour is a commodity business with industry capacity utilization of 45-50% leading to price wars and therefore thin margins. The management decided to enter the retail market where building a brand and thereby earning better margins was possible. LFC was roped in to design and implement the go-to-market plan.
We got an opportunity to work with “Levers for Change” on an implementation project whose key objective was to define a suitable growth strategy for our flour mill & thereby device an optimum “Go to market Strategy”. The project was time bound & target based. Heading the Sales & Marketing function, this intervention complemented my efforts in terms of bringing organizational alignment & system & process alignment. I have valued this program with respect to the training, discipline, market approach & attitude inculcated in the team members which has remained as an asset even after the program & has helped us pursue our goal sooner than later.
I would recommend such interventions for companies in the inception stage who are clueless on how to approach the market & also for matured companies who are struggling to find differentiation. I was also happy with the quality of consultants; their strategies were in line with practical realities.
VP (Sales & Marketing), Ganga Roller Flour Mill (GRFM)
A Comprehensive Diagnosis followed by a Sales Transformation program in Delhi region.
Key Levers for Improvements
A complete Value-chain analysis was done to identify the focus work streams and key levers for transformative growth.
- The engagement started with a Market survey to identify the overall potential of the market. This revealed that the sales team was not aware of the real market size and different customer segments within the industry. Deep customer insights helped come up with right product mix for different customer segments.
- Redefining of the wheat procurement and storage strategy, a state of the art manufacturing unit, Quality reviews and fortnightly comparison test with competitors done to ensure consistent product quality and availability of quality products throughout the entire year.
- Delhi was divided into 5 zones and 43 clusters and distributor identification & conversion in all of these clusters was a major lever. Quick installations were done by committing and ensuring ROI for the appointed distributors.
- Fast-tracked demand-generation through monitored customer identification and conversion activities.
- Customer data base creation and assessment helped distinguish between the valuable and un-profitable end-customers and business partners.
56% Increase in Sales
34 Channel Partners appointed
More than 8000 potential customer data base creation & more than 3000 customers converted
Increased Product offerings from earlier 7 to 13